Epsom Salt is highly recommend after a massage treatment for its many powerful healing properties.
Medical research indicates that magnesium may:
- Reduce inflammation and relieves pain, making it a beneficial in the treatment of sore muscles, migraine headaches and fibromyalgia.
Studies also show that magnesium is:
- An electrolyte, helping to ensure proper muscle, nerve and enzyme function.
- Ease stress
- Lower blood pressure
- Create a happy, relaxed feeling
- Raise energy levels
DOCTORS’ ADVICE: TREAT COLD, FLU WITH EPSOM SALT
Soaking in Epsom Salt can help body rest, recover, detoxify and increase white-blood cell count
(December 2009) –- With cold and flu season underway, doctors say you should try soaking in Epsom salt before you reach for an expensive over-the-counter drug. This naturally-occurring mineral will ease muscle aches and help you get a good night’s rest, so you can recover faster. Some doctors say it will even speed healing by detoxifying your body and increasing your white blood cell count.
“You want to get in front of an illness,” says Dr. Theresa Ramsey, cofounder of the Center for Natural Healing in Arizona and author of Healing 101: A Guide to Creating the Foundation for Complete Wellness. “As soon as you know you’re coming down with an illness and can soak in Epsom salt, the better it will work.”
Ramsey says soaking in Epsom salt helps spur a process called vasodilation, which increases white blood cell production and helps the body fight illnesses quicker.
Health Usage tips
- For compresses: Use 2 cups of Epsom Salt per gallon of water for sore muscles.
- For soaking: Add two cups of Epsom Salt to warm water in a standard-sized bathtub. Double the Epsom Salt for an oversized garden tub. Popular for easing muscle pain and fading bruises. Bathe three times weekly, soaking for at least 12 minutes.
- Foot bath: Add a cup of Epsom Salt to a tub of warm water as a popular balm for aching feet.
Although magnesium can be absorbed through the digestive tract, many foods, drugs and medical conditions can interfere with the effectiveness of this deliver method. Therefore, soaking in an Epsom Salt bath is one of the most effective means of making the magnesium your body needs readily available. Studies indicate that sulfates are difficult to absorb from food, but are readily absorbed through the skin.
Want to learn more about Epsom Salt visits www.epsomsaltcouncil.org